New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy last week announced that the gambling venues would be able to resume operations from July 2 at 25% capacity. The much anticipated reopening of Atlantic City’s casinos later this week will mark the end of the longest closure the gambling destination had since its legalization in the late 1970s.
Caesars said last week that its three casinos in Atlantic City – Caesars, Bally’s and Harrah’s – will reopen on July 3, a day after the first day their reopening would be possible and just in time for the Fourth of July Weekend.
Caesars said that its three properties will resume operations in accordance with state health and safety directives. The company has prepared a plan for the reopening of its casinos with guidance from local and state local officials as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
The company has rearranged the slot machines at its Atlantic City gaming floors in a manner that would allow for social distancing and has reduced the number of seats for better spacing at gaming tables.
Guests and staff members will all be required to wear face masks at Caesars’ three Atlantic City casinos. Last week, the company announced a universal mask policy across all of its properties, stating that “everyone indoors at its properties […] will be required to wear masks at all times, except when eating or drinking.”
The policy applies to “all employees, vendors, contractors, guests, and passersby.”
Of the reopening of their three Atlantic City casinos, Caesars Regional President for Atlantic City Ron Baumann, said that they are thrilled to welcome back both team members and customers and create “more memories together.” He added that they will be focused on “enhancing our health and safety protocols to provide an enjoyable guests experience that emphasizes social distancing and cleanliness.”
Source: GMB / Casino News Daily