MIÉ 25 DE NOVIEMBRE DE 2020 - 02:05hs.
On July 19

With security protocols, Jockey Club Brasileiro begins gradual reopening in Rio

According to Municipal Decree 47,551, which states that the racecourse is in Phase 3B, the Jockey Club Brasileiro has scheduled the start of the gradual reopening of the Social Tribune and JCB Betting Store on July 19. The protocols may be revised in the event of changes in the official rules that regulate the coronavirus pandemic situation or if any risk to the health of visitors and professionals is identified.

“New forms of conviviality were adopted in everyone's lives and in the day-to-day life of Jockey as well. We count on your support to enjoy the areas and services respecting the security protocols that were based on the recommendations of the World Health Organization, Ministry of Health and the Regras de Ouro (Golden Rules) determined by the City of Rio de Janeiro,” says the official website of JCB.

The protocols may be revised in the event of changes in the official rules that regulate the coronavirus pandemic situation or if any risk to the health of visitors and professionals is identified.

Under what conditions can people return to the Social Tribune or the JCB Betting Shop (located at Tribune A)?
 

  • Body temperature up to 37.8 ° - people with a measured temperature above this limit will not be allowed.
     
  • Absence of flu-like symptoms and / or respiratory diseases.
     
  • Mandatory use of a mask
     
  • Elderly, patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and asthma, pregnant women and women who have recently given birth are more susceptible to COVID-19 complications. Therefore, we recommend these visitors and children under 12 years old to remain in the safety of their homes until the contamination rates are controlled
     
  • Commitment to respect the protocol of reopening of the Social Tribune and JCB Betting Shop, the Golden Rules of the City of Rio de Janeiro and in respect to their own health and that of others
     

Bets go up in Gávea

As with what happened in the two schedules last week, the General Betting Movement (MGA) of the Gávea Hipodrome, once again surpassed the barrier of R$700,000 (US$130k). The growing increase in bets, which in the first week of the release of the races had an average MGA of only R$ 430,000 (US$80,100), is fully justified.

Firstly, due to the gradual adaptation of the older group of people with the possibility of playing over the internet. In addition, some other tourists have opted for the convenience of registering at Tele Turfe and seeing the races at home and betting without major tribulations.

For the Brazilian Jockey Club the progress of the General Betting Movement has been exceptional. With only two meetings, the entity is gradually approaching the individual revenue of each one in the period before the pandemic. And the payment of races prizes, with a 40% discount, has also helped. In a short time, the JCB will cover the loss caused by COVID-19.

These are difficult times, without renting the bars and restaurants located on the meadow itself, temporarily closed. In addition, there was the expense of helping professionals during this period. What helped JCB a lot was the government's plan to temporarily suspend employment contracts for some staff. The JCB paid only 30% of salaries and the government was responsible for the other 70%.

Source: JCB